We continually focus on implementing the best blend of curriculum, instruction and assessment for young children.
The YLC Promise
- Access to safe and accessible, high quality early childhood education and enrichment facilities.
- A climate that supports the child’s social-emotional development.
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum and instruction.
- Quality resources and instruction.
- Students challenged to reach their greatest potential.
- Opportunities to “learn by doing” in an environment that recognizes that play is important for the intellectual and academic growth of young children.
- Knowledgeable and well trained program educators.
- Environment that respects and supports diversity.
“Teachers organize an environment that will promote each child’s learning and development. Teachers arrange firsthand, meaningful experiences that are intellectually and creatively stimulating, invite exploration and investigation, and engage children’s active, sustained involvement. They do this by providing a rich variety of materials, challenges, and ideas that are worthy of children’s attention.” (NAEYC Position Statement, November, 2012)
Click here for more information on the research conducted by National Association of Education for Young Children.